Make buttonholes without the hassle of time pressure with fresh flowers – use floral picks instead, to create a buttonhole you can treasure as a special keepsake.
How to Make a Floral Pick Buttonhole
Skill level: Beginner
Time to Make: 30 minutes per buttonhole
How to Make
1. Select floral and leaf/foliage picks to co-ordinate with your wedding theme.
2. Gather together into a small bunch until you are happy with the selection and position of the flowers.
3. Using the wire cutters, cut the stems to even lengths.
4. Wrap the stems together tightly using florists tape, covering the entire length of the wire stems.
5. To cover the florists tape with twine, begin by looping the twine around the top of the stem, leaving a long length which you will use to tie in a bow at the end.
6. Run the twine down the length of the stem as shown in the photograph. This is to allow you to use a continuous piece of twine to wrap around the entire length of the stem, and tie it in a bow securely at the end. The florists tape is slightly tacky which helps the twine stay in place.
7. Begin wrapping the twine tightly around the stem, covering the florists tape completely as you go. Continue all the way up to the top of the stem.
8. Cut the twine leaving a long end. Tie securely into a tight bow. Trim ends.